Thursday, November 26, 2015

Anna May Wong in Look Magazine

March 1, 1938
(click images to enlarge)

























Related Posts
Anna May Wong in The Toll of the Sea
Anna May Wong, Illustrated
Anna May Wong by Armando Drechsler
Exhibitors Herald-World, January–March 1929
Anna May Wong in The New Movie Magazine
Anna May Wong in Picture Play
Anna May Wong in Film Annuals
Anna May Wong in Photoplay
Anna May Wong in Theatre Magazine
Anna May Wong in Chinese Digest
Anna May Wong in Women Who Dare 1998 Calendar
Anna May Wong in Universal Weekly

(Next post: Exhibitors Herald-World, January–March 1929)




















5 comments:

  1. Hi, was Anna May Wong in a subsequent issue of Look Magazine also? Not a cover feature, but in an article or photo essay?I have a note she was but cannot identify the issue. Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex, the above comment was by me, Doc V.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michael,
    On my list I have her in Look, May 24, 1938. Currently there's a pricey copy on eBay, https://www.ebay.com/itm/310999655092

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alex, I saw that also and found a cheaper copy last week at $20, only to discover she is “not” in the issue. I paged through the entire thing (there were no pages missing) and could not locate a single reference or photo. Were you able to actually confirm she was there?

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for the late reply but I just returned from a short vacation. I don't recall where I got the info about AMW being in that issue of Look. I put it on a want list. Evidently the eBay seller was also misinformed about AMW being in that issue of Look.

    ReplyDelete